12 Days The Passion Play 2020 - Oberammergau from Charlotte, NC - Aug. 26 – Sept. 05 2020 - Pastor Naomi Carriker
Product pricing based on cash.
Day 5: Saturday August 29, 2020 - Mt. Tabor – Baptismal Site – Jericho – Dead Sea – Bethlehem
- Upon arrival at Munich International Airport, meet the local tour escort who will accompany the group for next days.
- Board the coach and depart for Oberammergau.
- Independent lunch en route
- The history of the Passion Play at Oberammergau goes back to the year 1634, when the quaint alpine village of Oberammergau was threatened by the deadly and contagious disease known as the Black Plague that scourged Europe, killing two-thirds of the population of Germany. The people of Oberammergau vowed that if the village could be spared, a re-enactment of the life and suffering of Christ would be performed. The village was miraculously saved from the ravages of the Black Death. Since that date, the play has been performed every ten years.
- Check into the hotel upon arrival
- Dinner and overnight in Oberammergau or its vicinity (B)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- This morning, we travel to Oberammergau for some time at leisure to stroll around the town & shop for some of the town′s famous woodcarving.
- Lunch (included).
- 14:30 – 1st part of the Passion Play
- 17:00 – break
- 3-course dinner during the break
- 20:00 – 22:30 – 2nd part of the Passion Play
- Overnight in Oberammergau or vicinity
- Breakfast at the hotel and check out
- Depart for Munich, the capital city of Bavaria
- Stop en route to vistit the Neuschwanstein Castle (entrance fee included) one of the fairy-tale castles built by “Mad” King Ludwig II. With its turrets and mock-medievalism, and interior styles ranging from Byzantine through Romanesque to Gothic, the castle is a real fairy-tale fantasy come true.
- Next stop to visit Wieskirche, hidden amidst green meadows and snowcapped mountains this ‘Church in the Meadow’ is considered to be the most beautiful rococo church in Europe.
- Lunch on your own en route
- Continue to Munich
- Upon arrival enjoy a guided city tour of Bavaria’s capital, including the Baroque church of Asamkirche and the historic glockenspiel on the Marienplatz (2h, exterior views only)
- Check in at the hotel
- Farewell dinner at a local restaurant
- Overnight in Munich or vicinity
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Board the coach and transfer to the Munich Airport for your homebound flight
Trip Date: Aug. 26 – Sept. 05 2020
Departure City: Atlanta, GA (other cities available)
Package price includes the following - Holy Land:
- Flight tickets.
- Meet & Assist at Ben Gurion Airport upon arrivals and departures.
- Three night’s accommodation in Tiberius in double occupancy with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Four night’s accommodation in Bethlehem in double occupancy with breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Nine days sightseeing in modern air conditioned private bus.
- English speaking government licensed Christian guide on duty.
- Entrance fees to places of interests whilst on tour in the Holy Land.
- Special dinner at oriental restaurant with folklore show.
- Honorariums for speakers
Package price does not include the following - Germany:
- Hotels on HB basis (3-course dinner, excl. drinks)
- 49-seater air-conditioned bus from day 8 till day 11
- Professional English-speaking tour escort from day 8 till day 11
- Accommodation and meals for driver and tour escort from day 8 till day 11
- Entrance Fees:
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Local guides: Munich 2h
- Porterage service at the hotels (in/out, 1 luggage pcs/pax)
- Wi-Fi on the bus
- Whisper Sets
- 2 night Passion Play package including:
- lunch on the day of the play
- Accommodation in Oberammergau or vicinity on BB basic (2 nights)
- 3-course dinner without drinks at hotel/pension on day 8
- 3-course dinner without drinks at Passion Play on day 9
- Admission ticket to Passion Play - 2nd category
- Textbook for the 2020 Passion Play
- Tourism tax
- Bus shuttle Hotel – Theater – Hotel
Package price should not include the following: Germany
- Anything not mentioned above
- Lunches in Germany
- Drinks at meals Tips for hotel staff, local guides & driver
- Soft drinks.
- All Personal Expenses.
- Travel Insurance.